Democràcia - Català; Ara i Sempre

I know you don't know/want to learn about the real situation in Catalonia, but being so far away, sometimes for me it's quite difficult to stay calm and silenced about what politicians do and say there. Stay calm, I will not talk today about the conflict (but I can not assure you that maybe tomorrow I will...) but today's word will be related to something that I think it doesn't exist anymore in Spain, Democràcia. Yes, because, I am sure you don't know that there are already 2 people in prison (apart from the 4 politic prisoners we already have and our exiled President) that were convicted this week for singing against the monarchy, can't you believe it?
So, yes today I want to say out and loud, Democràcia ja! /dɛmʊkræ'sɪə/



Of course, Democràcia is not so different from Democracy; a form of government in which the supreme power rests with the people and is used directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

Així és la democràcia a Espanya: un cap d'estat qui ningú ha escollit, signa una reforma constitucional que ningú a votat.
This is the Democracy in Spain: a king that no one has chosen, who signs a constitutional reform that no one has vote.

This is a quote I found on the internet, it doesn't have an author, but sadly is the reality my family and friends are living right now.

The source is Brau Assegut.

Labels: , , , ,