The Bullet by Mary Louise Kelly

The Bullet by Mary Louise Kelly
Genre: Crime, Mystery
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 4/5


Can you believe that a woman can have a bullet inside her without her knowledge?
Caroline has a very normal life; teaching, reading, some dating, spending time with family... this will change the day she learns that a bullet is in her spine since she was 3 years old.
Caroline will start a frenetic search for the truth and the answers no one has... would it be enough for her?

"My mind flailed though loops of Cartesian logic. That's the French scholar in me; Je pense, doncs je suis. I think, therefore I am. I doubt the bullet is there, therefore it must be. No, that wasn't right, But I was too addled to figure it out. René Descartes never tried to practice philosophy with a bullet embedded dangerously close to his brain."


What would you do if you wake up one day and all of the main pillars in your life are not true? Caroline's life is starting to collapse after knowing that she was adopted at the age of 3 and that her birth parents were murdered. She will try to solve this cold murder risking her own life and her sanity to find the answers, no matter what.
I really liked this book, a slow but intriguing book. It was curious reading it in first person, you know all Caroline's thoughts and experiences first hand. But I was disappointed with the ending, I don't believe in vengeance. How could Caroline continue with her normal life knowing what she did? It was not a closure, it was a sharp end! 
Do you know who you really are?

Labels: , ,